Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why Did I Get Married Too? - MOVIE

Last night, my Husband and I had a movie night... the whole nine yards with wine, cheese, and crackers... and a small little candle (just because).

Our movie of choice (well, my choice) -


Tyler Perry's WHY Did I Get Married Too?

We saw the first one not too long ago and I really liked it and was waiting for this one to come out.  We rarely go to the movie theaters anymore (prices are too crazy... money better spent on dessert).  This had been out on DVD for quite some time now, but we finally got a chance to get a hold of it last night.  I usually have TV shows lined up or plans on nights when none  of my favorite TV shows are on, so this was somewhat of a special occasion.  :)

Now, onto the movie...

I love the fact that the four couples in the movie have an annual trip, somewhat like a couples' retreat.  It really reminds me of my circle of friends here in California... always going on little adventures and trips together.  The couples are all so different and you'd have to watch the first movie to get the full meaning and story behind it all.  I will not write a lengthy synopsis, but I will tell you that it is definitely worth a watch. 

I can see myself in a few of the characters.  Yes, I can be the crazy and psychotic and dramatic Wife, but I can also be the nice and passive Wife who lets things slide or just wants to please everyone.  I am also the Wife who bottles a lot of emotions inside at times.  Writing this all out makes me wonder if I am bipolar... or multipolar at that! (Is that even a word?)

At the end of the movie, I was reminded that we should not take anyone and/or anything for granted.  Marriage is about trust AND honesty... you get what you give.  I found myself teary eyed at a few scenes, but thats nothing new since I am teary eyed pretty easily. 

Anyway, I recommend this to anyone and everyone who believes in love... especially for the married couples and couples in serious relationships and thinking of taking that next step.  This is also a refreshing movie for those who are "looking" for love... it makes you realize that love and marriage is not always a walk in the park.  Matter of fact, its a whole lot of work!

I hope you enjoy this, if you do decide to see it.  If you've seen it before, what do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment